The post holder will be responsible to the Clancy Plant Hire Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of Occupational Road Risk Team
- Responsible for identifying training requirements and developing Driver training initiatives.
- Overall management of the Occupational Road Risk scheme – Risk Master.
- Responsible for day to day decision making regarding all elements of Road Risk.
- Liaising with Senior Management both internally and externally.
- Working closely with and Manage the National Transport Manager to implement new Driver and Fleet initiatives throughout the Company.
- Monitor information provided by Tracker in relation to driver behaviour and set targets.
- Working closely with the Insurance Department and AVIVA to monitor vehicle incidents.
- Produce high level management reports.
- Responsible for developing driving policies, procedures and processes.
- Development and implementation of fleet audits alongside Clancy Plant Hire.
- Responsible for ensuring the driver handbook is updated on a periodic basis.
- Responsible for Departmental Budget.
- Plan and undertake third party audits on sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare reports on the findings of any audits undertaken.
- Manage and co-ordinate the FTA Van Excellence accreditation.
- Manage and co-ordinate FORS accreditation.
- Attend relevant seminars and workshops to keep up to date with legislative changes.
- Identification and dissemination of best practice.
This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties may be required that fall within the capabilities of the role.
Set a good example to all employees.
Ensure compliance with all Clancy Group controlled documents, including Clancy procedures.
Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet the changing needs of the department.
Skills and Knowledge
Good understanding of Fleet and Driver Management requirements with relevant professional qualifications
Understanding of Business Management Systems
Understanding of Standards (ISO9001, ISO14001, OSHAS 18001)
Be prepared to travel
Experienced in implementation and management of Occupational Road Risk Schemes
Management Systems & implementation
Experience of working with VOSA and HSE
Skills and Knowledge
Ability to motivate people to reach common goals
Be well presented
Good Team Player
Training and coaching experience on subject matters related to the motor industry
Education & Experience
Able to commit to the concept that Health, Safety and Environment are the number one priority for the Organisation and the individual.
Able to commit to the concept of Equal Opportunity in employment.
How To Apply
Please email an updated CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by midnight, Sunday 7 Februray 2016
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.