A senior procurement professional, you’ll lead and manage a team of specialists to achieve continuous savings on bought in goods and services across OCS Group (UK) whilst maintaining first class service levels to end users. You’ll pro-actively manage a base of around 3,000 suppliers to ensure that agreed savings are realised and that supplier performance is delivered through planned account management activities, achieving agreed targets for annualised and ‘in year’ financial benefits.
With strong communication and commercial skills, you’ll ensure that new initiatives to review the current supplier base include full consultation with all relevant stakeholders so that the requirements of the business are fully understood and satisfied.
Crucial to the role will be the delivery of an effective Fleet service to support around 1,700 vehicles within the operational divisions, providing vehicles and associated support functions to ensure the safe, efficient, reliable and legal compliance of vehicle operations. You’ll be responsible for the development of the Company's fleet policy to ensure cost control, reduced total cost of operation and value for money, aligned with simple and effective operational control and technical innovation to meet social responsibility objectives. You’ll also ensure that our environmental impact is reduced by identifying and changing vehicles and driver behaviours.
You will also be able to demonstrate how you have leveraged additional benefit to the organisation through relationships with key suppliers, including joint ventures and reciprocal trade.
An experienced manager, you’ll lead a team of highly skilled individuals who have in-depth knowledge of Procurement and Fleet techniques. You’ll ensure that the highest levels of professional and ethical procurement standards are maintained, and that your team are operating to best practices and current requirements.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience of managing a professional and remote Procurement team and Fleet function
- Significant achievement in a comparable, relevant role
- Experience at a senior level in a large, national, multi-site organisation
- Experience in an organisation with a diverse range of products and services - preferred
- CIPS Qualification or Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) to at least Level 4 (Diploma) - essential
- Full membership of CIPS at MCIPS level or above – essential
- Demonstrable experience of interfacing successfully with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Gravitas and strong leadership skills
- Excellent numeracy and logical reasoning
- Highly commercial approach with the ability to think laterally and produce innovative proposals and tenacity to implement
- Strong organisational skills and ability to delegate, co-ordinate, control and complete complex tasks to tight project deadlines
- Good working knowledge of business finance and the Law of Contract/Sale
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Professional communication and presentation skills and confidence presenting at a senior level
- Formal education to at least Level 3 – e.g. A Level