The Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for developing and executing procurement activity for both direct and indirect material goods and services along with warehouse management responsibility. These activities are supported by a complex network of suppliers and partners which ensure that all component parts and input materials are in strict compliance with KBRS quality and engineering standards. This position will report to the Operations Director with reporting lines to the Head of Procurement and Logistics, the position will have direct management responsibility for direct reports.
- Management and direction of Supply Chain Management organisation
- Develop and improve skills and competence within the team
- Material management availability in line with Program delivery plans
- Responsible for Inventory level / capital equipment programs
- Obsolescence management
- Develop plans to address targets and production initiatives as and where appropriate
- Production of Key business KPI's (internal and external)
- Scheduling and meeting materials availability requirements that meet the needs for products fulfillment
- Management / Materials planning of 3PL customer requirements, returns, spares and aftermarket
- Support bids management activity and compliance in accordance with delegated authority
- Interfacing internally with OE Suppliers, Engineering, Procurement and Finance as appropriate
- Apply the highest levels of Procurement Governance to all Procurement transactions ensuring compliance to Corporate and Project Procurement procedures to ensure fully compliant auditable trail
- Decrease the cost of sourcing by working in collaboration with the Strategic Procurement Team seeking out new suppliers ensuring the optimal mix of local and global suppliers
- Collaborate with Manufacturing to develop and implement production planning and control processes that minimise working capital costs (materials, components and finished products) by integrating all aspects of the value chain, sales, supply assembly and distribution etc
- Develop cost down programs, taking a collaborative approach with the supply base, management of key risk, and time implementation.
- Develop Total Cost Ownership models and promote philosophy within the business.
- Implantation of QCD approach to vendor selection rating systems, enabling and improving supply base transparency