- Continually drive a process of change as a necessary precursor to developing a culture of operational excellence.
- Bringing new thinking to the organisation, identifying and driving change in both people and process performance to ensure best in class performance and customer service is consistently delivered.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in process adherence and regulatory/contract compliance.
- Deliver Health, Safety & Environmental aspects in line with regulatory and company procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all staff.
- Direct ownership of the Operations budget and contributing to the wider strategic plan, particularly with regards to cost control, cash flow management and capital investment.
- Champion efforts throughout the line management structure to reduce costs year on year.
- Proactively drive improvement in Key Performance Indicators.
- In conjunction with wider ROM team, design and implement necessary process improvements (LEAN principles) to ensure consistent delivery of safe and reliable vehicles.
- Proven instigator and driver of culture change in a workshop / commercial / manufacturing environment.
- Strong track record of implementing operational continuous improvement including delivery of LEAN principles, including but not limited to; value stream maps, 5S, Standard work process, Strategy Deployment, visual and daily KPI management techniques.
- Proven experience in commercial management including; budget setting, financial forecasting, reporting and analysis, year-on-year cost reduction management and long-term business planning.
- Demonstrated history of leading teams, processes and facilitating continuous improvement in performance and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Strong team building skills and a proven ability to work with and lead a diverse team.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility, forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and senior management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Health, Safety and Environmental knowledge and experience.
Professional membership / qualifications / experience:
- Member of associated professional organisation – IRTE, SOE, CILT, IMI.
- Certificate of Professional Competence – Road Haulage/PSV (National)
- HNC/HND/City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in associated technical field.
- IOSH or equivalent qualification (desired not essential).
- 5 years management experience of multi-depot maintenance facilities.
In return we offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary performance related bonus, company car or car allowance and private health insurance.
You will also be joining an organisation that is ambitious about growing its profile in the sector and committed to the continuing professional develop of its staff.
How To Apply
If you believe you have the leadership skills, commercial acumen and technical background to fulfil this role please send a covering letter and your CV to Cathy Potts, Head of HR, Essential Fleet Services, Jarvis House, 157 Sadler Road, Lincoln, LN6 3RS or by email
Essential Fleet Services is committed to equality of opportunity and all applicants will be judged solely on their merit and the requirements of the role.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.