What is the purpose of this role?
The purpose of this role is to deliver a cost effective and targeted occupational road risk strategy to drive a reduction in vehicle collisions, injuries and all costs associated. This is a big part of the fleet strategy that looks at reducing road risk for all our employees.
What makes this role unique?
Thames Water is the UKs largest water and wastewater services provider with 15 million customers and 4,500 employees. Our fleet averages 20 million miles per year, with over 50% of vehicles based in and around London, including cars, vans and HGV’s. Working as part of a small Fleet team, this role offers variety and the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the road risk strategy, along with the administration and management of the policy.
What will this role involve?
The Road Risk Coordinator will:
- Develop, agree and implement road risk strategies to promote business and driver awareness of road risk and drive a reduction in vehicle collisions, injuries and associated costs.
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships through effective communication and delivery of key messages to influence positive business and driver behaviour.
- Support the development of a dashboard to assist the business in understanding their performance and support our driving safety programme, by improving driver awareness, reducing volume and severity of collisions and reducing vehicle-related costs.
- Identify trends and develop a road risk training package to deliver a proactive and targeted approach to road risk management, including vehicle options, collisions and injuries, vehicle checks, driving styles.
- Employ a leading practice approach through keeping in touch with latest developments in the industry and across companies, in road risk management and associated legislation to make supported recommendations for improvements.
- Build, monitor and forecast financial budget, demonstrating an understanding of risks and opportunities.
- Drive through changes to policies to support a leading practice approach to road risk management and our driving safely programme.
- Coach and support others in road risk management, both within the team and the operational business to encourage a one team approach to road risk and deliver improvements in driver behaviour.
What skills are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a background in Fleet or car insurance, where they understand risk management and the intricacies associated with road risk strategies. We want someone who is passionate about Fleet, someone who can really engage with internal and external stakeholders to drive support for our road risk strategy. You need to be analytical and enjoy working with figures to produce reports and dashboards to assist the business in understanding their performance and to gain support for our driving safety programme. You will have excellent attention to detail and have strong IT skills in Microsoft Office and, ideally, SAP.
This is a permanent role based at our head office in Reading, only minutes from the train station. We’re offering an annual salary of £29,000 - £34,000, depending on skills and experience, plus a range of benefits including an excellent contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans and paid volunteering days.