Riken are global leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of automobile components.
Driven by excellence and growing environmental demands for fuel efficiency, Riken have helped to redesign the whole driving experience, from the inclusion of transmission systems and air-conditioning to the development of low friction piston rings.
Riken pride themselves on their ability to bring significant technological advancements to the automotive market through the creation and management of strategic global partnerships.
Founded nearly 100 years ago in Japan, Riken is steeped in culture and history. They have a great story to tell with great innovations, which have resulted in a turnover approaching £420 million with 4,000 employees.
They remain highly ambitious, with strategic growth plans in place. This means the Sales and Application Engineer/Manager will have the potential to make a real change through the introduction of Riken designed components to the UK and Scandinavian automotive markets.
Despite their global presence, Riken are a supportive business who work in partnership with their employees to ensure employees remain engaged, happy and productive, enabling them to deliver consistently high levels of customer service.
Euro Riken are looking for a Sales and Application Manager to manage all UK sales operations.
As is the nature of the industry, the person will also work outside of the UK, monitoring OEM and Tier 1 Account activity in Scandinavia.
Nationwide and European travel will be required for this role. This will include a minimum of 1 meeting every quarter with your Manager; the Vice President of Euro-Riken in Germany.
The Sales and Application Manager will focus on managing and developing existing OEM's and Tier 1 Accounts, whilst identifying new opportunities to grow revenue and customer base.
Keeping up to speed with market information and trends will be imperative. As an expert in your field, customers will look to you for guidance, allowing you to resolved queries and generate sales using a consultative methodology.
The Sales and Application Manager will be the face of Euro-Riken and will therefore be the first point of contact for sales support.
This is a unique role and a great opportunity for the right candidate to build on their strong industry reputation in a pivotal role with a global company.
The Successful Applicant
Required professional experience includes:
- Long term experience in the Automotive Supplier industry with experience in both the UK and European markets.
- Experience and expertise of business relationships with OEM's and Tier 1 customers.
- Detailed commercial and technical knowledge of the Base Engine Component Market.
- A degree in Engineering.
Required personal qualities:
- The Sales and Application Engineer/Manager will be entrepreneurial with great commercial acumen.
- As the sole representative of Riken in the UK, the person will be professionally-presented and well-spoken; able to liaise with senior business leaders.
- A consultative selling method is essential. The person will seek to build strong relationships with customers.
What's on Offer
£65,000 - £75,000 basic (depending on knowledge and experience).