General Motors is currently looking for a Sales District Manager to be based in either Wales or the South West.
The Sales District Manager is the key outward facing Vauxhall representative for the Vauxhall Network Sales Departments and responsible for building strong relationships with their designated Retailer Network to ensure maximum achievement against objectives.
With strong interpersonal skills and a results orientated focus the position would suit those with the ability to motivate others along with well-developed planning and analytical capabilities.
As the positions require a high degree of mobility within the assigned territory, a flexible approach and the ability to be based on patch are required.
Although experience from the automotive industry would be highly regarded, other industries with a manufacturing/distribution/franchise environment could be considered.
This is a permanent opportunity which offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
· Build strong business relationships with the designated Retailer Network
· Hold regular, structured meetings with each Retailers Sales Department in order to develop and monitor action plans as required
· Sales - Achieve defined objectives for Retail Car and Light Commercial Vehicle volume and market share
· Customer Satisfaction - To continually strive to improve customer satisfaction for Retailers in their District
· Sales Effectiveness – Constantly work with each Retailer for improvement
· Retailer Satisfaction – be a source of additional value to the retailers on behalf of Vauxhall
· Forecast Accuracy – Required to accurately forecast the outlook of retail volume on a weekly basis
· To guide and utilise the expertise of specialist support field personnel
· Negotiate and agree New Car and Van Sales Evaluation Guide with Retailers annually
· Communicate new national marketing programmes and policies as required
· Monitor adherence to relevant Margin standards
· Adherence to internal control requirements within operational responsibility
· Highly focused, self-motivated and results orientated
· Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to build relationships and communicate
· Excellent selling and negotiating skills
· Well organised with strong planning and analytical skills
· Proven experience of coaching and motivating teams
· Ability to thrive in a target driven environment
· Works well as part of a team
· High level of competency with the Microsoft Office suite
· Good level of understanding of a Franchise Retail operation
· Motor industry highly desirable, or relevant business experience
Adecco are an employment business. Adecco are an equal opportunity employer.