Senior Business Development Manager
Home Based Covering Scotland
- £40,000 - £45,000 Basic Salary (depending on experience)
- £65,000 OTE uncapped
- Company Car
- 25 Days Holiday
- Private Health Insurance
- Phone & Laptop
About our Client:
Our client is a leading international vehicle rental company who operate in more than 100 countries and have a customer base spanning both private and business travellers. Due to their continued growth and ambitious growth plans they have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven, motivated and tenacious new business hunter with account management experience as this role has a mixture of both hunter and farmer disciplines. Working within both the private and public sector, this role involves selling directly into both the end user and leasing companies.
The successful candidate will work extremely closely with the highly experienced and knowledgeable senior management team who are very well respected in the industry. Our client is looking for someone with proven success of exceeding sales targets and winning substantial business at a corporate level.
Looking after Scotland:
Reporting into the Managing Director the Senior Business Development Manager will have field based business to business sales experience preferably in the vehicle rental industry and enjoy the thrill of finding prospects, building rapport, building relationships, presenting and closing deals. In addition they must possess the ability to communicate at board level and have the strategic and commercial skills to win and maintain profitable business for our client.
A determined and ambitious attitude combined with the desire to succeed are a necessity to be successful in this role.
The Senior Business Development Manager will:
- Generate new business through a mixture of telesales, cold calling, client visits, networking and referrals whilst managing a portfolio of accounts across private and public sectors.
- Self-generate leads and manage the sales cycle from beginning to end.
- Deliver proposals, presentations and reports to senior business leaders.
- Develop and monitor personal relationships with key accounts
- Build corporate relationships and maximise revenue and profit potential with existing customers
- To maintain and develop new business through networking and attending customer events
- Manage tender processes.
- Follow a structured sales process to sell solutions to new customers and close business.
- Ensure consistent, profitable new business wins.
- Drive new business together with maintaining and developing client relationships to grow revenue from those accounts.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for monthly and quarterly analysis.
- Organise and manage own diary and workload for maximum efficiency and output.
- Qualify and develop prospects/customers using a range of data sources including internal databases and CRM system.
- Negotiate trading terms in line with contractual agreements.
Desired Skills & Experience
In addition to this, the Senior Business Development Manager will be:
- A proven new business hunter for a contract hire business with a passion for forging new relationships and building on those relationships.
- A strong presenter and communicator with consultative sales skills.
- The ability to plan and ensure their time is managed efficiently.
- Candidates that have a proven history of over achieving.
- Strong selling, negotiating, reporting and commercial skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and managing their diary effectively.
- An excellent negotiator who can balance the requirements of both the company and the client to achieve results.
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication and is able adapt their style to suit each situation or audience.
- Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across Scotland.
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams. With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets.
Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping.
To find out more, please contact Mark Walker:
Office: 01494 590443
Mobile: 07701 283045
Email: [email protected]
To find out more, please contact Mark Walker on 01494 590443 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]