Strategic Account Manager
Midlands, South and South West
£50,000 to £70,000 plus car, bonus and benefits
Our client is a major player in the provision of Contract Hire and other leasing products into the fleet sector.
To manage and retain existing ‘large’ Fleet customers and achieve client retention through delivering a ‘solutions’ based sales approach ensuring all commercial objectives are delivered. Success will be measured by, customer retention and commercial objectives including unit growth, product mix and margin growth (including from Non-asset based revenue) on a portfolio of sole and multi-supply accounts in the 200+ Fleet sector.
Skills and Experience Required
· Documented track record in successful selling to sole supply, major corporate Fleet accounts (200+ units and ideally Fleets of several hundred on a sole supply basis)
· Deep understanding of the vehicle Fleet sector
· Experience of using advanced key account management approaches; creating and developing account plans; manage stakeholders; create customer value and demonstrate value delivered (to a level that fends off the customer being attracted to lower price products from the competition)
· Deep experience managing contract hire and related contracts with large customers; this includes identifying internal issues affecting performance and leading/facilitating solutions across the various functions that ensure the customer receives excellent service
· Accomplished negotiator with Board or executive level decision-makers
· Proven track record of ensuring great customer service
· Highly commercial with excellent business planning skills
· Evidence of adopting and applying a structured approach to strategic account development methodology – such as Miller Heiman, Solution Selling or Insight Selling
· Fluent and articulate communicator and exceptional presenter - able to write Board-level papers examining options for change and recommendations for customers
· Highly energetic, self-motivated and self-sufficient, with infectious enthusiasm
· Viewed as a trusted advisor by the customer; known for considered, balanced and robust views that align with the customer’s objectives
· Excellent relationship building skills – both inside and outside the business
· Can create and maintain credibility with Brand and Retailer stakeholders at all levels
· Comfortable operating nationally as clients require
· Confident, articulate, highly numerate with the ability to analyse data and model different options including using Whole Life Cost tools
· Ideally has previous experience of using Salesforce
· High level of PC competency
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Strategic Account Manager to be part of a very progressive business with great opportunities for career development.
In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Mark Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 486 0011.