Effective management of rental operation to provide a comprehensive vehicle rental service including selling, control of documentation, vehicle supply and maintenance – to provide a courteous and efficient service ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Requirements of the role
· Ensure all customers are dealt with promptly and courteously in a helpful and professional manner.
· Ensure rental bookings are taken using sound qualifying techniques (considering high risk customers) in the office and on the telephone.
· Ensure the completion of the appropriate legal documentation (rental agreements), ensuring customers meet the required criteria, checking driving licences and documents.
· Ensure vehicles are delivered and collected when necessary and also manage the delivery drivers.
· Ensure vehicles are prepared – valeted, in perfect, legal working order, fuel e.t.c.
· Ensure the correct handover of vehicles with the operation of the controls explained to the customer when necessary.
· Control the administration for the department in-line with Rental programme audit criteria – month end procedures (agreement register, utilisation figures, sales and payments and vehicle history).
· Account for daily takings and payments – secure cash.
· Ensure and maintain a reservation system for planning availability and booking of vehicles.
· Administer insurance claims and documents
· Control the rental fleet taking into consideration the sales department – fleet rotation, organisation of new vehicles and de-fleeting etc..
· Time management of rental team ensuring the office is open at the appropriate times.
· Liaise with other departments as appropriate.
· Consider other rental companies, being aware of their prices e.t.c.
· Market the department and prospect for business when necessary. Consider radio and press advertisements.
· Follow up all customers to ensure their complete satisfaction.
· Keep the rental reception tidy and customer friendly.
· Observe all relevant Health and Safety procedures.
· Attend training courses as required.
· Carry out other duties as required from time to time, including valeting vehicles
· Some experience of selling services role, coupled with back-up administration duties
· Record of safe driving
· Proven track record of car rental role, including experience of agreements and insurance
· Experience of supervising a small team
· Good qualifying and closing skills
· Self-organised and able to maintain a sound admin system
· Able to communicate with customers in a friendly and professional way
· Highly self-motivated and able to work with the minimum supervision
· Motivated by selling and running own department
· Genuine interest in customer satisfactory and their own contribution
· Current clean driving licence
· Marketing and prospecting skills
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team.