Business Development Manager - Contract Hire
• £40,000 - £45,000 Basic Salary depending on experience
• £60,000 OTE uncapped
• Company Car
• 25 Days Holiday
• Private Health Insurance
• Phone & Laptop
Our client is one of Europe’s leading vehicle leasing companies and manage over 1 million vehicles worldwide. Within the UK they manage one of the largest vehicle fleets and provide total fleet management services together with outsourcing operations.
Reporting into the Head of International Sales the Business Development Manager will need to be a dynamic and driven individual who is currently working for a Contract Hire/Vehicle Leasing business and can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the market. Alternatively, our client will look at candidates who are currently working outside of the industry but have a successful background in Contract Hire/Vehicle Leasing and are looking at a move back into the industry.
The successful candidate will need to thrive on finding prospects, presenting and closing deals. They will need to have the ability to build rapport quickly with international colleagues and have experience of negotiating with senior level executives, preferably with international blue chip companies.
The Business Development Manager will:
• Generate new business through a mixture of telesales, cold calling, client visits, networking and referrals, together with maximising the potential of referrals from within the business and from international colleagues.
• Follow a structured sales process to sell solutions to new customers and close business.
• Ensure consistent, profitable new business wins.
• Drive new business together with maintaining and developing client relationships to grow revenue from those accounts.
• Provide accurate sales forecasts for monthly and quarterly analysis.
• Qualify and develop prospects/customers using a range of data sources including internal databases and CRM system.
• Organise and manage their own diary and workload for maximum efficiency and output.
• Achieve agreed targets for new business wins set by the Head of International Sales.
• Negotiate trading terms in line with contractual agreements
In addition you will need to travel internationally as and when the role requires although this will not be extensive.
Desired Skills & Experience
Our client is looking for an exceptional new business hunter who has a proven track record in Contract Hire. They will need to build and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships and possess the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
In addition to this, the Business Development Manager will be:
• A proven new business hunter with a passion for forging new relationships
• A proactive worker who is self-motivated to and used to being home based.
• A strong presenter and communicator.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and managing their diary effectively.
• An excellent negotiator who can balance the requirements of both the company and the client to achieve results.
• Confident and articulate in all forms of communication and is able adapt their style to suit each situation or audience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• A proven history of over achieving.
• Strong selling, negotiating, reporting and commercial skills.
• The ability to plan and ensure their time is managed efficiently.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across the UK
In 2014 PIE was formed by a team of talented and committed individuals. Specialising across the Sales & Marketing space the aim is simply to do things better, focussing on quality delivery and customer excellence. With a deep and intimate understanding of our markets we work in partnership with our clients to introduce great individuals and build strong teams. We have industry leading resources, fantastic networks and a passion to rise above a saturated industry plagued with sub-standard customer and candidate experiences. We raise expectations and then deliver. Our consultants have been delivering talent solutions in the automotive market for over 13 years.
It is this experience that has not only built a significant professional network but enables us to consult, advise and add real value to our clients’ talent attraction strategy. Our expertise in Sales & Marketing covers the following areas Motor Manufacturers Contract Hire & Leasing Fleet Management Vehicle Rental Commercial Vehicles Automotive Data Software Solutions Connected Car Consumer Finance Remarketing Solutions Dealer Services Telematics Aftermarket Breakdown & recovery