Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with offices based in East Anglia. VMS provides a range of nationwide services to blue chip fleet operators, Insurances and smaller operators.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Fleet Cost Control& Efficiency Team Leader. This position will be based at our Woolpit office near Bury St Edmunds.The successful candidate is likely to be a mechanical technician who is looking to move towards office environment,and whose mechanical knowledge and skills can be effectively utilised through careful fleet cost control measures
• Motivate and lead a small team of Maintenance Cost Controllers.
• Using mechanical technician skills to process and authorise repairs
• Maintain good working relationship with clients and repairers, whilst ensuring effective cost control
• Manage manufacturer’s warranty processes, policies and procedures
• Allocating jobs and workloads, scheduling, completing team-related paperwork
• Responsible for effective cost control of allocated clients’ budget
• Reporting directly to line manager on cost control and team performance related matters
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a team player
• Have excellent leadership skills
• Excellent mechanical technician operational knowledge incorporating fleetLCV and / or HGV experience.
• Background in engineering, LCV or HGV is advantageous
• Have extensive knowledge of fleetLCV and / or HGVrepair methods
• Looking to develop skills in an office administrative environment where mechanical technician knowledge will be a considerable asset
• Be professional, and positive
• Have integrity, initiative and focus
• Be able to think, communicate and present information effectively
• Be able to motivate a team
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a positive contribution to this role, please submit a copy of your CV in the first instance which clearly demonstrates that you have the necessary skills and experience to match the Job Details above to Christopher Oak at [email protected]