Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with offices based in East Anglia. VMS provides a range of nationwide services to blue chip fleet operators, Insurances and smaller operators.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Fleet Cost Control& Efficiency Team Leader. This position will be based at our Woolpit office near Bury St Edmunds.The successful candidate is likely to be a mechanical technician who is looking to move towards office environment,and whose mechanical knowledge and skills can be effectively utilised through careful fleet cost control measures
• Motivate and lead a small team of Maintenance Cost Controllers.
• Using mechanical technician skills to process and authorise repairs
• Maintain good working relationship with clients and repairers, whilst ensuring effective cost control
• Manage manufacturer’s warranty processes, policies and procedures
• Allocating jobs and workloads, scheduling, completing team-related paperwork
• Responsible for effective cost control of allocated clients’ budget
• Reporting directly to line manager on cost control and team performance related matters
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a team player
• Have excellent leadership skills
• Excellent mechanical technician operational knowledge incorporating fleetLCV and / or HGV experience.
• Background in engineering, LCV or HGV is advantageous
• Have extensive knowledge of fleetLCV and / or HGVrepair methods
• Looking to develop skills in an office administrative environment where mechanical technician knowledge will be a considerable asset
• Be professional, and positive
• Have integrity, initiative and focus
• Be able to think, communicate and present information effectively
• Be able to motivate a team
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a positive contribution to this role, please submit a copy of your CV in the first instance which clearly demonstrates that you have the necessary skills and experience to match the Job Details above to Christopher Oak at Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.