Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with facilities throughout the UK. VMS provides a range of services to both blue chip and SME fleet operators and Insurance companies including contract hire, flexi hire, accident management and repair and maintenance services.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Parts Manager based at our head office in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Reporting directly to our Supply Chain Director you will be tasked initially with controlling internal parts ordering and stock control and then assisting in the development of our procurement process .
Application are invited from candidates that can demonstrate a minimum of 3-4 years parts experience with at least one year parts supervisory experience with the ability to run a busy Parts Department and the ability to improve the bottom line. You must be proactive with excellent man management skills, with good ‘hands-on’ experience, coupled with strong experience of helping run a parts division and desire to drive the business forward.
• Work with dealer parts centres and dealer management team to drive wholesale sale of genuine parts
• Execute tactical, product or strategic marketing initiatives at dealer level
• To develop and share product knowledge to assist in business proposals
• To implement and review plans to increase parts turnover, whilst maintaining agreed profit margins
• To provide accurate weekly forecasts on performance
• Identify and select appropriate trade customer
• Conduct Trade Business Reviews and provide feedback / action plans to the Fleet Services Director
• To monitor dealer adherence to core and premium parts standards, to develop action plans with dealer management where shortfalls are identified.
• Reporting on adherence to standards, to the management team.
• To ensure routine processes are maintained (Parts Back Order status, VOR mix reports)
The ideal candidate will possess;
• Good understanding of automotive parts retailing, sales and marketing.
• Very strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Self-starter, independent and very able to work under own initiative.
• Ability to deal with dealer management
• Experience within a parts department and in the vehicle sales areas essential.
• Good numeracy skills are essential.
• Must be computer literate.
• Computer literate, with experience of Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint. Must be competent in Excel at least to an intermediate level.
• Motor Trade Experience is Essential.
If you beleive that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a positive contributino to this role, please email a current copy of your CV to [email protected]