Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with facilities throughout the UK. VMS provides a range of services to both blue chip and SME fleet operators and Insurance companies including contract hire, flexi hire, accident management and repair and maintenance services.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Regional Fleet Engineer to manage our interests in the North of England and Scotland. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who can bring a dynamic and innovative approach to the role.
Reporting directly to our National Fleet Engineer your duties will include:
• Monitoring our regional vehicle technicians’ work and efficiency against set standards of performance
• Managing our supply network within the region
• Monitoring quality of new vehicle build programmes
• Supporting our in house workshops
• Identify training and development plans
• Identify safety issues
• First point of contact for assigned technicians
• Conduct staff appraisals
• Management reporting
• Compile reports and presentations as and when required
• An ability to investigate mechanical failures and report detailed findings
• An understanding of Operator’s Licence Laws and Regulations
• Carry our regular process reviews to identify operational issues and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify as required
• Adhering to and enforcing company Health and Safety regulations in conjunction with Health and Safety Officer to prevent or reduce workplace accidents
The ideal candidate should:
• IT Literate
• Excellent organisation skills
• Efficient and hard working
• Able to identify areas for improvement and implement change
• Able to communicate effectively with management at all levels
• Must have recognised engineering qualifications
• Member of a recognised professional body to corporate level (IRTE preferred)
• CPC holder
How To Apply
If you feelthat you have the necessary skills and experience to make a positive impact to the role and the continueed development of the company, please email a current copt of your CV to Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.