Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with offices based in East Anglia and Hertfordshire. VMS provides a wide range of services to blue chip fleet operators, insurances and smaller operators.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Transport Refrigeration Engineer. This position will be based from home, covering the London area.
• Transport Refrigeration Engineers have responsibility for routine servicing and repairs as required, mechanical fault finding, electrics and all other duties associated with this role
• Completing all work assigned on a daily basis, ensuring that adherence to company and manufacturer standards and agreed time constraints
• Ensuring that work is always to the highest standard, seeking to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction and repeat business
• Maintain levels of stock on the van to agreed specification.
• Confident in the use of PCs and phones
• Able to prioritise and organise workload to achieve set deadlines and KPIs
• Willing to work in areas outside main district as and when required
• Our Transport Refrigeration Engineers should present a positive company image through professionalism and quality of service
• Maintain good working relationship with clients
• Manage and prioritise jobs and workloads, scheduling, completing paperwork and communicating with managers and senior-level staff members as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player
• Qualified to work on Carrier, Hubbard, GAH, Alex Original Refrigeration units plus others as required
• Work to high levels of efficiency and productivity on own and as part of a team
• Have at least 5 years’ experience of working on refrigerated commercial vehicles, ideally Mercedes Benz, Ford, Fiat, Volkswagen and Isuzu
• Qualified to F-Gas Cat 1
• Be prepared to work on call every other weekend and bank holidays on a rota basis
• Basic hours will be 12 per day
• Have a full driving licence to include vans
If you feel that you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experince to be able to make a positive contribution to th eongoing development of the role, please submit a current copy of your CV which clearly shows how you fit the job description to Christopher Oak at Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.