Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with offices based in East Anglia and Hertfordshire. VMS provides a wide range of services to blue chip fleet operators, insurances and smaller operators.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Transport Refrigeration Engineer. This position will be based from home, covering the London area.
• Transport Refrigeration Engineers have responsibility for routine servicing and repairs as required, mechanical fault finding, electrics and all other duties associated with this role
• Completing all work assigned on a daily basis, ensuring that adherence to company and manufacturer standards and agreed time constraints
• Ensuring that work is always to the highest standard, seeking to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction and repeat business
• Maintain levels of stock on the van to agreed specification.
• Confident in the use of PCs and phones
• Able to prioritise and organise workload to achieve set deadlines and KPIs
• Willing to work in areas outside main district as and when required
• Our Transport Refrigeration Engineers should present a positive company image through professionalism and quality of service
• Maintain good working relationship with clients
• Manage and prioritise jobs and workloads, scheduling, completing paperwork and communicating with managers and senior-level staff members as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player
• Qualified to work on Carrier, Hubbard, GAH, Alex Original Refrigeration units plus others as required
• Work to high levels of efficiency and productivity on own and as part of a team
• Have at least 5 years’ experience of working on refrigerated commercial vehicles, ideally Mercedes Benz, Ford, Fiat, Volkswagen and Isuzu
• Qualified to F-Gas Cat 1
• Be prepared to work on call every other weekend and bank holidays on a rota basis
• Basic hours will be 12 per day
• Have a full driving licence to include vans
If you feel that you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experince to be able to make a positive contribution to th eongoing development of the role, please submit a current copy of your CV which clearly shows how you fit the job description to Christopher Oak at [email protected]