Salary: £25 – 30K + phone
Date posted: 27 -4- 2015
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Company: VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd
Contact: Christopher Oak
VMS Fleet Rental Ltd
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking fleet management and contract hire company with facilities throughout the UK. VMS provides a range of services to both blue chip and SME fleet operators and Insurance companies including contract hire, flexi hire, accident management and repair and maintenance services
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Workshop Controller to join an established vehicle repair workshop in Tamworth.
You will be responsible for developing profitability and ensuring the depot operates efficiently and provides outstanding customer service.
You will be, willing to lead from the front but also be willing to “get your hands dirty and help out”.
An extensive knowledge of the commercial vehicle, HGV and Truck industry is essential.
You will be leading a small team of technicians and admin staff, with responsibility for workshop activities and for achieving the highest level of customer service, maintaining a clean, efficient workshop and achieving excellent standards of presentation.
The role involves monitoring the progress of jobs in the workshop, controlling the wastage of consumable materials, ensuring jobs are fairly allocated, ensuring a high productivity output and that all work carried out complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry health and safety guidelines.
You will be required to :
· carry out regular process reviews to identify operational issues and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify and problems identified
· Manage the performance of workshop to ensure that KPI and SLA targets are achieved
· Have experience of working within the motor vehicle industry
· Knowledge / experience of leading a team
· An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
· Delegating workloads to staff in a workshop.
· Liaising with and assisting Technicians.
· Ensuring WIP`s deadlines are met and carried out in a cost effective manner.
Adhering to company`s Health and Safety regulations to prevent accidents within the workplace
Please submit a current copy of your CV to Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk if you feel that you have the skills and experience to make a positive contribution to the role