Fleet News

Tusker appoints business development manager

Tusker has appointed Phil Arnold as new business development manager following the company’s continued growth within the salary sacrifice car market.

Arnold, 43, worked for Ford Financial Services for 12 years, latterly as manager of business sales where he project managed the development of a cash-for-car scheme and led a cross-brand fleet sales team.

His role also included working across the other key brands that Ford had in its portfolio at the time – Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo. After moving to the South West, Arnold joined the not-for-profit sector with Bristol Credit Union as Affinity Lending Manager, launching affinity lending  and saving schemes for employer partners, including  NHS and local authorities.

In his new role at Tusker, Arnold expects that around 85% of his customers will take up Tusker’s award-winning salary sacrifice car scheme, SS4C, with the remaining 15% opting for conventional contract hire and fleet management.

“I am delighted to be joining Tusker at this very exciting stage” he said.

“My first impressions of Tusker are extremely positive and exactly how I imagined. The company has a fantastic product, a great group of people and a massive market place to aim at. After several years away, I am delighted to be back in the fleet market,” he added.

Arnold will be field based and will concentrate on the South and the Midlands, reporting to managing director, David Hosking.

Hosking said the new appointment would add further experience to the Tusker business development team.

 “We are delighted to appoint someone with Phil’s wealth of relevant experience and believe he will prove to be a real asset to the business. We look forward to him helping us continue the success we have already achieved with SS4C. ”


Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee