Following its recent unveiling at the Brussels motor show, the Land Cruiser V8 has been readied for launch in the UK on 1 March. The Land Cruiser comes newly equipped with advanced technologies for off-road driving, as well as an array of luxury features. The single version has a £62,285 on-the-road price.
The Land Cruiser V8 gains a new frontal design, anchored by a new-look bumper, grille and foglights, plus new headlamp units that feature high-intensity discharge units and LED daytime running lights. The UK model is fitted with new black roof rails, side mouldings with chrome details and new-design 20-inch alloy wheels.
The rear light units have also been refashioned and LED turn indicators have been integrated into the door mirrors.
UK customers can choose from eight exterior colours, including two new to the model range: Pearl White and Pure White.
Inside, the principal changes include new, air conditioned/heated front seats, a central cool box, heated steering wheel and all-round improvements to the quality and appearance of the trims and finishes.
New features include: -
- The world’s first Turn Assist, reducing the vehicle’s turning radius when driving through tight off-road bends
- Crawl Control, with five speed settings for tackling steep climbs or descents
- Multi-terrain Select, with five selectable modes to tailor vehicle performance to different off-road conditions
- Multi-terrain Monitor, providing a 360-degree view of the area immediately around the vehicle via four external cameras
- Tyre Angle Display, displayed together with the predicted tyre path guidelines on the Multi-terrain Monitor, showing changes in steering angle between zero and 45 degrees
- Variable Flow Control power steering, with a unique, dedicated off-road setting
Land Cruiser V8 retains its 4.5-litre V8 turbodiesel engine and six-speed automatic transmission, with adjustments to bring exhaust emissions in line with Euro 5 standards. These include the addition of diesel particulate filter (DPF) and new fuel injectors in the common rail system. Maximum power is 268bhp (200kW) at 3,600rpm, and maximum torque of 650Nm is delivered between 1,600 and 2,800rpm.