Strategic Account Manager – Fleet Management
Home Based Covering the UK
£40,000 - £45,000 Basic Salary (depending on experience)
- £10,000 OTE
- Other ad hoc incentives
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- 23 Days Holiday
- Share Save Scheme
- Good Pension
- Life Assurance
- Phone & Laptop
Northgate Vehicle Hire are a FTSE listed PLC and the stand out market leader in their field having grown extensively over the past 10 years through a combination of acquisition and organic growth. They currently provide a host of innovative fleet management solutions to over 7500 customers in the UK, from SME businesses through to some of the largest and most recognised organisations globally.
With an unrivalled infrastructure the investment in the business is continuing at a fantastic rate – from new locations, advanced IT systems, up to the minute customer and marketing data, enhanced operational back office and their most important asset - their people.
About the Role:
This represents an excellent opportunity to join Northgate Vehicle Hire in a pivotal role. You will use your in-depth Fleet Management knowledge and experience to add significant value to a set of Strategic Customers.
Taking responsibility for a set of key customers, you will ensure exceptional service is delivered at all times. As the nominated point of contact you will provide a strategic approach to the customer fleet requirements, and be able to consult and advise on the management of their assets.
Working across the UK the responsibilities will include:
- To provide clear direction to the Fleet Management team on the customer requirements and services provided.
- Manage the supplier relationships to support customer vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain excellent internal relationships across all operational departments.
- Conduct regular customer reviews providing monthly reporting documents.
- Proactively source opportunities to grow the accounts in line with the Customer Development plan.
- Work with all departments to ensure the customer’s fleet of vehicles is compliant at all times.
- Manage all requirements between the fleet management team and the customer, ensuring escalation where necessary
- Support the New Business team’s efforts, providing input and expertise to new bids & tenders.
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for intimate knowledge of what is involved to manage a complex fleet of vehicles. If you have experience as a fleet manager or have worked from an operational or sales perspective for a respected provider of Fleet Management Solutions then we want to hear from you
- Excellent communication skills – ability to engage with all levels, both internally and externally.
- Previous experience of working with a Fleet Management or Vehicle Leasing organisation.
- Experience of looking after complex customers from either a sales or operational perspective.
- High levels of emotional intelligence with the ability to see things before it is too late.
- To have a fire and energy within that drives you on that extra step.
- A high achiever who is career centred and ambitious for themselves, their team and the business they represent.
- Excellent planner with structured problem solving and decision making ability.
- In depth understanding of internal and external customer relationships and business processes.
- Extremely well organised with strong administrative skills.
- An ability to write articulate proposals that fit customer needs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic landscape – used to working to deadlines and under pressure with multiple requirements at any one time.
Operating over 70 locations across the UK & Ireland Northgate are the leading provider of light commercial vehicle solutions, delivering superior value for their customers, people and shareholders. Focusing on their competitive edge they have an operational delivery that cannot be matched ensuring they are first choice for their customers.
Fiercely committed to their people, they have the passion to be the best they can be and offer structured career paths for all staff. Underpinning the personal development plan is ongoing training and development delivered by the Northgate Sales Academy.
Following the appointment of a new Managing Director and Sales Director to the UK board, they are committed to hiring the very best talent in to the business.
If you feel you have what it takes to make a name for yourself within the Northgate team or initially would like to find out more about the opportunity contact our recruitment team at PIE Recruitment today.
To apply, please contact Will Gardner on 01494 590404 or send a copy of your CV to will.gardnerpie-recruitment.com