Free2Move Lease is a fantastic new business unit within PSA Group. The company sits beside 3 of Europe’s top car manufacturers; Peugeot, Citroën and DS Automobiles. A vacancy has arisen in the Free2Move Lease Operations department for a Vehicle Residual Value (RV) Controller.
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for the collation of residual value data and subsequent analysis of the data, trends and market indicators to justify and formulate sound recommendations to the Remarketing Manager, enabling informed and accurate forecasting of future residual values.
Residual value forecasting will be defined in line with processes agreed by internal audit teams and finance to ensure that financial risk to the business is minimised. The individual will be
required to build relationships with UK data providers to ensure timely provision of required data.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Analysing RV data and trends, providing justified and sound recommendations to enable reasonable and accurate forecasting of future residual values to minimise business financial risk.
- Considering and determining the impact of vehicle options on residual values / final vehicle sale values.
- Building strong relationships with the UK data providers for the collation of data.
- Analysing and assessing the portfolio, alongside the Sales and Marketing team, to proactively manage contract extensions and address any movements against forecast residual values.
- Providing regular and ad-hoc reporting to UK and European stakeholders.
- Being the subject matter expert and a point of referral internally for the process linked to RV forecasting and management, attending RV committees to substantiate RV data presented.
- Working closely with Manufacturer Relationships Manager to define multi-marque residual values, assessing and reviewing industry practice as well as closely monitoring any movements in forecasted values.
- Working with the Finance Controller to monitor and review financial results and consequences, directly related to Residual Values set; amending practice as and where necessary to minimise financial risk to the business.
- Working alongside the sales and marketing teams to assess the 'Total Cost of Ownership' ensuring industry practice is considered and competitiveness in the market place is maintained, whilst ensuring audit requirements relating to residual value forecasting / provisioning is met.
- Reviewing and assessing customer financial modification requests during the life of the agreement, defining and agreeing revised residual values taking into account changes in the market place / current data.
- Working alongside the Remarketing Exec to review late funded agreements, determining impacts on final values and approaching dealers for any associated losses as well as monitoring dealer practice to highlight consistent failures in process.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Residual Value forecasting, tools and industry practice, including working with UK data providers.
- Knowledge of Contract Hire, Leasing and motor Finance industry.
- Working in demanding operational environments with ability to achieve deadlines.
- Strong IT skills to include Excel and Word
A career with us offers everything you would expect and more – this includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee car ownership scheme
- Highly competitive stakeholder pension
- 26 days holiday
- Comprehensive benefits package
We take the development of our people seriously and we offer ongoing opportunities for continuous career development and progression within the Group
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.