SSE launches Lex Autolease salary sacrifice scheme

Energy supplier SSE has launched a salary sacrifice scheme with the support of Lex Autolease.

The FTSE-listed business, which supplies renewable energy and gas to more than nine million homes and businesses throughout the UK, has received over 3,000 requests for vehicles from an eligible workforce of 20,000 staff since the beginning of May. Five hundred vehicles have already been ordered, including Audi, Ford, Toyota and Mercedes.

Salary sacrifice schemes provide employees with a fully managed car for a monthly fee, which includes insurance, service, maintenance and repair costs that are deducted from their salary before tax.

The partnership with Lex Autolease complements Perth-based SSE’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint with all vehicles selected under the scheme emitting less than 120g/km, and many under 99g/km.

Kevin O’Neil, development manager at SSE, said: “The salary sacrifice scheme is a great way to recognise the commitment and hard work of our staff, as part of our wider benefits package, but also support our core philosophy of sustainability and in reducing SSE’s carbon footprint.”

Mike Lauriello, senior corporate relationship manager at Lex Autolease, said: “The SSE scheme has been extremely well-received by staff in the first few weeks of its implementation and we expect to see further growth in participation figures.

“For many employees, it has provided the perfect opportunity to buy their first car, while also enabling them to take full advantage of the tax benefits that salary sacrifice presents.”

In August 2012, Lex Autolease supported the roll-out of SSE’s electric vehicle fleet of Vauxhall Amperas, the first of its kind in the country. The vehicles are used as pool vehicles to be used by staff between SSE’s UK sites and as ‘full time’ company cars for senior executives. The company has a combined fleet of over 7,500 vehicles.

Comments

• Kevin hill - 29/05/2014 12:22

Was wondering about the car lease scheme

• Kevin - 29/05/2014 12:32

@Kevin hill -

• sean - 17/08/2014 20:21

Hi there I am an sgn employee and hav been trying to order a car through the sse car scheme with lex autolease, since the 8th of July it has been on hold and no one seems to know when or if it's going to be up and running again and I can complete my order, does any one have any info on this matter???

• Callum woods - 24/08/2014 20:30

Does this mean I can get a car for a monthly fee and the insurance, tax and mot are all covered

• david black - 10/02/2015 22:56

I work for sgn and I am trying to get into the car plus scheme to register to have a look at the options available to me. I don't know the scheme code and would be grateful if someone could inform me.

• Chris Mills - 01/03/2015 14:57

@david black - It's on SGNNet, Look under "Our Company", Benefits, Travel. I wouldn't be willing to release it on the internet.

• sam falconer - 02/08/2015 17:22

Hi, my names sam and I'm a jointer in the new forest. I have had a car on the scheme for nearly two years now, it is the best thing I have and I really appreciate what the company have done as I could never have afforded it any other way. I think sse have really gave their staff a benefit that is prof that they count them as much more than just a number. I for one think it is a great place to work and always give 100 percent:)