Fleet managers have set out some of the key attributes they look for in a leasing company.
The seven key points cover areas ranging from IT to customer service and pinpoint some of the key areas where fleets experiences difficulties in their services from leasing companies.
The points are:
- Provide customer-focused service that is moulded to an individual organisation
- Adopt a ‘can-do’ attitude towards customer requests
- Provide good value leasing rates with no back-end loading of costs
- Offer high-quality management information
- Maintain service levels with existing customers during periods of growth or change
- If a customer only has a few vehicles with a supplier, still treat them like a large fleet customers if you want more business
- Develop a good IT interface that includes new technology
These key areas were identified during face-to-face interviews with large fleets, carried out by Sewells Research & Insight, and formed part of a large scale analysis of future industry trends.