Successful women in the UK’s transport and logistics sector are being encouraged to enter the 2016 FTA Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards.
The awards, now in their ninth year, showcase the many roles women are succeeding in whether working hands-on in freight, air, rail or road, or office-based roles that include customer service, transport management, IT, marketing or planning.
The awards are free to enter and nominations are open until February 1, 2016 with the industry’s role models sought in the following categories:
- Rising Star of the Year Award: Awarded to a woman aged under 30 who is excelling in her career.
- Driver of the Year Award: Awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role as a driver including HGV, van, motorcycle or passenger transport.
- The Warehousing Award: Awarded to a woman who is excelling in her role within a warehousing environment.
- Innovation & Sustainability Award: Awarded to a woman who is implementing an innovative operational solution (technologies and processes) that is changing the industry in a positive way.
- Team Leader of the Year Award: Awarded to a woman who is leading a team to excel in a way that contributes greatly to the company's success.
- Leader of the Year Award – sponsored by Asda: Awarded to a woman operating in a senior role, contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
- Industry Champion Award: Awarded to an individual, male or female, who is an active champion for the industry, playing a vital role in attracting and retaining women in transport and logistics.
Maxine Benson, co-founder of Everywoman, said: “The industry is growing at a phenomenal rate, and needs more workers to be attracted to the fast-paced, diverse and exciting environment it offers.
"These awards are all about championing the women who are already succeeding, enjoying rapid career progression, job satisfaction and new challenges every day.
"These are the role models who can change the public image of the industry and in doing so ensure more smart, ambitious women bring their talents to it.”
David Wells, chief executive of the FTA added: “The Freight Transport Association is proud to once again be the Title Partner of the prestigious FTA Everywoman in Transport and Logistics Awards 2016.
"Women are essential in every aspect of the UK logistics and supply chains – from drivers and warehouse staff, to transport managers and managing directors.
"It is essential that the logistics industry is able to access a wide talent pool, to meet its need for good quality staff at every level.
"The FTA Everywoman Awards encourages forward-thinking companies that are committed to introducing diversity to the freight industry, and showcases how women can make a career in transport a successful and fulfilling one.”
The winners will be unveiled at a ceremony on May 26, 2016 at The Hilton Park Lane.