The road safety charity Brake has confirmed the full speaker line-up for its upcoming Crisis Management seminar.
Presentations delivered by industry experts will include:
• The costs of a crisis, presented by Andrew Wolrich, director and founder at Wolrich Consulting.
• Providing support during a crisis, presented by Peter Milchard, board member at the Institute of Car Fleet Management (ICFM).
• Post-crash responding, presented by David Higginbottom, chief executive officer at Driver First Assist.
• Learning from the incident, presented by Simon Lane, consultant at Transport Research Laboratory (TRL).
• Writing a crisis response plan, presented by Glen Davies, transport and logistics specialist at AtoH Solutions.
The Crisis Management seminar will help delegates understand how to respond to serious road incidents in an effective, timely and compassionate manner.
Sponsored by Alphabet GB, the seminar is free to attend and will be held on March 3 at Alphabet’s headquarters in Farnborough.
David Jones, communications manager at Alphabet (GB) said: “We are very pleased to be hosting Brake’s Crisis Management seminar, as it is such an important topic for everyone involved in fleet and mobility.
“Employer duty of care is a key responsibility for fleet decision-makers, but anyone involved with an organisation’s vehicle fleet also understands their significant obligations to other road users and the wider public."
The training will cover commercial and legal implications for an organisation, practical and procedural issues following a sudden death or serious injury, looking after the welfare of those involved in and affected by an incident and roles and responsibilities of professionals who work with bereaved and injured people.
The seminar is being delivered as part of the Global Fleet Champions campaign to prevent crashes and improve air quality resulting from vehicles used for work or business purposes.
Jones said: “However experienced you may be in this area, there is always something to learn which can be taken back to your own organisation. In our experience, fleet professionals attending these types of seminars learn just as much from discussions with other delegates and networking with their peers as they do from the industry experts presenting.
"Which is why we’re looking forward to welcoming fleet representatives from across the UK, as well as Brake’s terrific line up of experts from across the industry, for an engaging and insightful day on what is a vitally important topic.”
To find out more and secure your place, click here.