Fleet News

DTM buys digital tyre management firm TyreWatch

DTM buys digital tyre management firm TyreWatch

DTM, which is backed by Palatine Private Equity, has acquired TyreWatch, a provider of real-time tyre monitoring technology for an undisclosed sum. 

Based in Basingstoke, TyreWatch provides digital tyre management services to monitor and manage the wheels and tyres of HGVs and public service vehicles.

Established in 2017, it has grown to support clients across the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Australia

The acquisition, says DTM, strengthens its strategy to provide fleet customers with a tailored tyre management approach, using smart technology to predict and prevent potential roadside failure, reduce waste and improve fleet efficiency.

James Winterbottom, senior investment director at Palatine, said: “This acquisition represents an extremely exciting and natural pairing within the tyre management industry.

“Palatine is delighted to bring together the knowledge, experience and market-leading technology of these two businesses, while strengthening our own overall strategy of building businesses that achieve sustainability advancements alongside profitable growth.”

The addition of the TyreWatch and TrailerSmart technology, it says, will bolster DTM’s tyre management offering, by using intelligent tyre solutions to detect tyre issues before they become obvious at daily visual inspections.

Palatine believes the combination is well-timed, as the industry’s focus on safety and reducing environmental impact intensifies, and fleet managers seek partners who share their ambition to minimise cost and downtime, ensure driver safety and compliance, and support decarbonisation. 

John Matthews, managing director at DTM, said: “DTM and TyreWatch have a shared strategy and passion to support our customers in increasing vehicle productivity, maintaining compliance and pro-actively minimising the environmental impact of their fleet operations through reduced waste and improved fuel consumption. 

“Our customer-first ethos coupled with a strong team culture means the combined business will create further opportunities for customers, colleagues and suppliers and we are looking forwards to our next period of success.”

Palatine is regional private equity firm with a focus on backing management teams who lead high growth businesses within the UK mid-market.

It recently sold the TTC Group to the company’s management team with investment from Pricoa Private Capital. 

Almost two thirds (65%) of the risk management, compliance, and road safety training provider will became management and employee owned under the new funding arrangement with the remaining 35% held by Pricoa.


Fleet & Mobility Live 2021

October 5 - 6, 2021

The NEC

Priceless insight into the hottest issues affecting fleets will be delivered at this year's event.

Transport decarbonisation | future tax predictions | driver training and risk assessment | telematics | driver and staff recriutment | how salary sacrifice can encourage staff into EVs | alternative fuels | autonomous tech | implementing eMobility strategies

 

Register now

Click here for tyres best practice and procurement insight

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Related content

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee