Analysis by Direct Line has identified the UK's top ten ‘crash for cash' hotspots, as the insurer steps up its fight against fraudsters who cost every other motorist an average of £44 a year and delay payments for genuine claims.
‘Crash for cash' fraudsters fake accidents by making unnecessary emergency stops at busy roundabouts or slip roads, forcing motorists to crash into them. They then make bogus claims to the innocent motorist's insurer, often including fictitious injuries.
- Centenary Way, Trafford Park, Manchester
- Haslingden roundabout, Junction 5, M65
- Scotland Road roundabout, Junction 13, M65
- Gannow Top roundabout, Cavalry Way, Burnley
- Eden Point roundabout, A34, Stockport
- Denham roundabout, M40
- Jarman Park, A414, Hemel Hempstead
- Parkway Uxbridge Road A312 / A4020
- Port Way / Strand Road junction , Preston
- Junction 24 roundabout, M25