- Reducing costs remain a priority for fleet operators
- One fleet operator has considered extending replacement cycles to five years to achieve cost savings but has decided “it is a step too far”
- Telematics is being trialled by one company with a view to saving on fuel, SMR and incident management costs. The fuel savings alone have the potential to pay for the system.
- The challenge the company trialling telematics faces is having the resource to analyse the data.
- Safety initiatives are being introduced such as enhanced livery to improve vehicle visibility at night.
- The grey fleet is a concern with one company seeing its cash taker numbers increase due to a company acquisition.
- Companies are also looking to better control car hire spend and grey fleet claims through expense systems.
30/09/2013 in Fleet200