There are two main areas to evaluate when choosing a GPS tracking provider: the System and the Provider. If a prospective GPS provider can answer “Yes” to all of the below questions about their system and about their company, you can be assured you’re making a sound business decision.
Top 10 GPS System Checklist
- Does the system provide you with easy-to-use active tracking with updates every 60 seconds?
- Does the system have a “dashboard” feature with the ability to customise?
- Does the system provide a wide variety of useful reports that can be automated or generated immediately?
- Does the mapping provide real time traffic information?
- Does the system allow for historical reporting starting when you first used the system?
- Can the system be accessed from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device, 24/7?
- Will the GPS receiver be installed inconspicuously to prevent tampering?
- Are the maps accurate and up-to-date, and can you zoom down to street level?
- Can the system software be utilised by any number of users?
- Does the system include alerts for excessive speeding and idling, engine start-up and shut-downs and vehicle maintenance that can be sent immediately via email or mobile phone?
Top 10 GPS Provider Checklist
- Can the provider boast a 99 percent or higher system up-time?
- Does the provider include free customer service and technical support from a highly trained and well-versed support team?
- Will hardware defects be repaired or replaced at no additional cost?
- Does the provider have a list of satisfied customers and testimonials?
- Does the provider focus solely on GPS tracking?
- Has the provider been in the GPS tracking industry for 5 or more years?
- Does the provider offer unlimited training on the system at no additional cost?
- Are all software and mapping upgrades automatic and offered at no additional charge?
- Does the provider follow an aggressive software development schedule?
- Is the GPS provider financially secure, and do they partner with industry leaders to further strengthen profitability?
To see the full guide to Tracking systems Click Here
Supplied to us by FleetMatics