An opportunity has become available for an Assistant Transport and Logistics Manager to join the Transport team at LondonEnergy. The Assistant Transport and Logistics Manager will be responsible for contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the transport department working to ensure that materials are transported in the most effective and economic-manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist and cover the Transport and Logistics Manager in absence.
* Optimize the use of all Company vehicles, drivers and support staff to meet its demands across the Group activities.
* Assist with managing all the associated Transport operational expenditure within budgeted levels.
* Assist with managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance, planned and unplanned in maximising fleet utilisation and reduced vehicle downturn.
* Assist with identifying and implementing operational efficiencies and cost reductions across all aspects of responsibility.
* Maintain compliance with the NLWA contract and all other client contracts with regards to all aspect of transport and other activities within remit that support all LWL process plants/sites.
* Assist with leading and/or supporting any vehicle procurement process as and when applicable. This includes selling of existing Company Vehicles where appropriate and specification and acquisition of new vehicles.
* Ensure that all relevant vehicles comply with the obligations outlined in the Company’s Operators’ License, especially about vehicle defect reporting, vehicle servicing, safety inspections and all vehicle records.
* Assist with managing all service requirements effectively and efficiently with both internal or external service suppliers holding regular clinic meeting to maintain required standards.
* Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards such as the Goods Vehicle Operators License in its entirety.
* Ensure that all personnel always comply with Company Policy and Procedures.
* Identify, propose and implement training needs as required.
* Managing staff levels for operational requirements.
* Previous experience in waste management industry desirable
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the transport sector.
* Experience Supervising and leading a transport team from day to day operational team.
* Ideally managers CPC qualified or working towards
* HGV-2 Licence Holder (HGV-1 desirable, but be willing to work towards)
* Full clean driving licence
* FORS Practitioner with a good understanding of FORS accreditation process
* A good knowledge on Transport & Drivers regulations
Benefits and Package
* We offer an excellent salary and benefits package
* You will be entitled to 28 days holiday & 8 Bank Holidays.
* You will automatically join the Company Contributory Pension scheme after 3 months service.
* Annual Leave – 28 days + 8 bank holidays
* Westfield Health Care
* Eyecare + Childcare Vouchers
* Onsite Canteen
* Discounted Retail awards
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.