Job Title: Assistant Transport Manager
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £22,000 to 30,000 Depending on Experience
Hours: 40 hours per week incorporated in a shift pattern between the hours of 8.00am to 5.30pm Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 5pm Friday.
The role of Assistant Transport Manager responsible for assisting the transport manager in the day to day management of Transport operations, operating a small fleet of HGV’s with Hydraulic loaders planning cost efficient routes with a fully compliant team through to lift management whilst providing the highest level of service to our customers. The role will include some representation of the company’s business to clients including new business development and the support of existing Client base responsibilities. You will also be a key part of the management team driving key efficiencies and improving driving and safety standards.
The requirements are communicated to Transport through both our Sales team and Transports own marketing as applicable. There are also various support activities for other parts of the business of the company.
* Transport Diary
* Raise purchase orders for external delivery companies
* Create movements (depot) on system
* Print transport schedules and transport tickets
* Confirming delivery movements
* Quotes for transport where applicable
* All vehicle servicing and maintenance documentation including daily inspection records
* Fleet number record & Tachograph uploads
* Maintenance of driver record & authorising and signing driver timesheets
* European Working Time Directive re drivers
* Evaluation of communication of risk assessments
* Ensure staff have access to correct PPE when required by the job
* Any general duties required by the business
* Managing delivery and transport diary
* Providing suitable site inspection details for audit and inspection of delivery and collection operations
* Sourcing external transport services and managing drivers
* Scheduling of transport movements and updating system accordingly
* Calculating logistic costs for new hire &Transport budgets
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
The following will form part of the duties to be able to successfully carry out the role:
* Organise your driver team and fleet of 32t vehicles to ensure adequate staffing and performance levels are achieved and that the transport operations achieve customer service levels
* Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all "O" licence regulations.
* Effective planning and utilising the fleet to its maximum potential
* Actively work to maintain workload in line with targets for vehicles under their control from both internal and external clients
* Work with the transport Manager ensuring the fleet is regularly serviced and the MOT schedule is adhered to.
* Ensure drivers are motivated and well instructed.
* Obtain and maintain required qualifications for duties.
* Ensure Client order has been received prior to any orders being placed or resource needs confirmed.
* Arrange external transport and other services required for successful lift/project completion within budget.
* Detailed knowledge of in-house system used to support this role and that of Transport Management for which training will be given but basic Microsoft skills are essential with a good typing speed.
* Liaise with Sales on an on-going basis from receipt of initial enquiries right through to post project/lift providing feedback on any omissions and or additions to any item of the original schedule of works or supply.
* The role will require full Appointed Person qualification (with NVQ) plus various vocational qualifications to be held in order for the full scope of activities to be carried out by the Appointed Person. Such operations as installation/removal of units, surveying sites etc. amongst these are and ALLMI Signaller, appropriate CSCS card etc
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.