My client based near Hereford is looking to recruit an Assistant Transport Manager on a Permanent basis.
You will support the Transport Manager in the day-to-day functions of running the Transport Operation, stepping into the Managers role when he is off-site.
The main responsibilities of the role include
- Manage the drivers hours and duties
- Manage deliveries, timesheets, expenses and bonus calculations
- Organise backloads to ensure cost savings
- Manage drive records including training, CPC and other relevant paperwork
- Keep accurate records of vehicle maintenance and ensure all legislation is adhered to at all times
- Manage all breakdown in a timely and efficient manner
As a suitable candidates you will offer the following
- previous experience in a similar role
- Hold a current HGV licence
- A strong personality who is able to manage different personalities across the transport team
- Methodical and diligent with your paperwork
- Good IT skills
This role is Mon-Fri and the salary on offer is up to £40,000
CPC. HGV. Transport Supervisor, assistant transport manager, backloads, transport office
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.