Assistant Transport Manager
£30-33,000 plus benefits
An exciting opportunity to join a leading manufacturing business to help manage all aspects of their transport operation. The role will be to ensure that company service levels, safety and legal compliance are applied at all times.
* Liaison with Customer Service, Clients and Suppliers to coordinate deliveries and collections
* Review and schedule routes as required
* Ensure all transport documentation is filed and is legal and in date
* Ensure licence checks are up to date and legal every 6 months.
* Assisting with the Management of Drivers, Carriers and Labour hire
* Preparation of all Customs Documentation including EUR1 forms and export licences
* Ensuring imports and exports follow the correct procedure in accordance with the appropriate legal framework of that country to include liaison with the Import Authority /Carrier for clearance of incoming shipments
The ideal candidate will have previous transport management experience, knowledge of imports or/and exports will be of advantage.
TLP has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering and Manufacturing professionals for over 25 years. For more information on TLP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website. Please note that it is our policy to add the details of all applicants to our database.
TLP acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that by applying for this position you consent to TLP processing and storing your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work finding services. We process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, which require us to give you a Privacy Statement to explain how we manage your personal data. Our full Privacy Statement is available to view on the TLP website, or it can be provided upon request
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.