Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website
Our client is a leading healthcare service management provider, with over 20 sites in the UK. They are currently recruiting for a Contract Logistics Manager at their site in Sheffield, on a Wednesday – Sunday shift. Based on a 40 hour working week, you will be working across the following:
* Wednesday and Thursday (6pm – 2am)
* Friday (4pm – Midnight)
* Saturday and Sunday (11am – 7pm)
Reporting into the General Manager, you will be responsible for 3 Production Managers, Maintenance Engineers and 6 Indirect reports, in charge of c150 FTEs within Production and Logistics.
In this fast paced and H&S conscious environment, you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
* To manage the all logistics functions of the site, ensuring product moves through the operation and is dispatch On Time, In Full (OTIF)
* To be responsible for the logistical collection and delivery of products to the site and the delivery of quality finshed products to the customer.
* Ensuring customers are kept up to date with any issues.
* To monitor and control the use of capital equipment within recognised performance and efficiency measures.
* To assume prime site responsibility for all Health and Safety Policy issues ensuring that all activities comply with Health and Safety procedures and guidelines.
* To proactively lead all staff putting forward suggestions for continuous improvement
* To monitor and ensure that all product despatched conform to accepted Company Quality guidelines and procedures
* To actively monitor absence levels of staff maintaining and analysing data as appropriate.
Ideal Candidate for the Contract Logistics Manager:
* Educated to at least A-Level standard with excellent verbal and numerical skills
* Experience of managing teams in a fast moving, regulated production / logistics environment
* Has worked with Quality procedures, ideally with H&S Awareness (COSHH, MHE, Risk Assessement) and possesses a relevant H&S Qualification (NEBOSH or similar)
* Good commercial acumen with the ability to influence and negotiate
* An understanding of Lean / Six Sigma / 5S would be an advantage
* Good IT Skills
Apply now for immediate consideration!
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.