This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Red Recruitment 247 Limited who are acting as an employment agency. Our Scunthorpe based client are looking for a for a full time Fleet Manager.
Our client are seeking an experienced and qualified Fleet Manager to proactively manage the daily operations of our transport department. The main roles and responsibilities of this position are but not limited to:
* Manage the maintenance requirements of the Fleet and inclusive of ensuring robust system and process is in place for reporting of damage, incident and accident.
* Ensuring that vehicle defects are identified and addressed in a timely manner
* Ensure within the transport function that within all aspects we have a supply chain that provides best value, best service and competitive costs
* Provide an analysis using existing system and process of fuel usage and make recommendations to improve the fleet performance and achieve cost savings
* Utilise to the maximum potential the existing telematics systems to ensure that we improve and feedback on driver performance and provide timely intervention when required
* Establish a Fleet business plan which is monitored and updated and provides real time data for the senior management team
* Build positive and productive working relationships with our Depot Supervisor and Operative workforce which will require some travel. In addition establishing clear protocols with our Depot Supervisors to provide on time all required data relating to vehicles.
* Provide an ongoing analysis of stock requirements
* Ensure via direct oversight that our Depot Supervisors are adhering to our fleet policy, procedure and process and establishing clear performance targets in relation to Fleet where required.
* Manage proactively the supply chain of hire vehicles and the disposal / return of end of contract / end of life vehicles. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate their success in achieving this in their current or previous setting.
* Work proactively with our insurers and all departments within the business to reduce Fleet related accidents / incidents
* Ensure that our FORS accreditation is maintained
* Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and customers
* Continuously improving the business function through a structured approach
* Analyse our current Fleet systems and processes and make recommendations to improve our performance and efficiency
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role and possess the following attributes:
* A strong understanding of Fleet related policy, procedure and relevant legislation
* Able to evidence in current or previous roles the ability to negotiate best price and value with suppliers
* Strong background in transport allocating/scheduling
* Ability to think laterally with a forward thinking approach
* Strong leadership and management skills, with ability to coach and mentor staff
* Highly effective communication, organisational and presentation skills
* Ability to develop and manage a fleet business plan
* Sector relevant technical knowledge
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.