To manage and assist with the day to day running of a fleet of over 150 vehicles, providing support to the fleet administrator and fleet drivers to enable them to deliver a first-class service to our customers, and ensuring that the requirements with regard to all current legislation is met.
* Ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are met with regard to the various Road Traffic Acts and other legislation across the fleet.
* Selecting, sourcing and purchasing vehicles to be added to the fleet.
* Monitor speed and driving behaviour of fleet drivers to select any training or other improvements that may need to be made.
* To assist with HMRC reporting on a quarterly/annual basis and ensure timely submission.
* To select and arrange for vehicles to be prepared for sale.
* Prepare new cars that are coming onto the fleet and arrange for these to be issued.
* Manage and source the range of suppliers to assist in the day to day running of the fleet.
* Be proactive in looking at different systems to assist in the day to day running of the fleet including tracker system/fleet management systems/parking systems.
* Ensure all systems used are correctly updated and maintained.
* Support/train/guide the fleet administrator.
* Develop a culture of responsible driving with all fleet drivers.
* Develop systems to assist with cost reduction initiatives including timely reporting of issues by the drivers.
* Provide cover for the fleet administrator position in the event of sickness/holiday etc.
* Ensure compliance for all drivers in respect of all current legislation and company policy.
* Random checks of vehicle to ensure cleanliness etc.
* Ad hoc fleet projects.
* Insurance Claims – Westfield (broker) and Allianz (insurers)
* Fleet management-Total Motion (fleet management company)
* Vehicle provider- Toyota/Citroen/Renault
* Vehicle maintenance-various garages/repairers
* Tracker company-Bridge/Pregem.
* Payroll and finance to ensure all financial information is produced accurately and timely
* Maintain fleet of over 150 vehicles under 3.5t in accordance with current legislation.
* Manager of one other person in the department.
* Comply with Health and Safety legislation relating to the fleet and its drivers.
* Maintaining and updating all records in an accurate and timely manner.
* Dealing with all issues in a proactive way.
* A good communicator and an ability to work under pressure.
* Experience in this field a requirement.
Focus on delivery – ability and motivation to deliver to plan and maintain a positive approach to all tasks.
Prepared to take ownership and responsibility so that plans are delivered and that issues / concerns are not left unchallenged or unresolved.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills maintaining tact and discretion. Develop and maintain good working relationships throughout the business at all levels.
Possess strong organisational skills and sound effective judgement.
To be able to prioritise workload, pay attention to detail and work to tight deadlines.
Ability to work calmly while under pressure.
Must have experience in insurance claims handling.
Background knowledge of Health & Safety (in particular, risk assessments) would be an advantage.
To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirements of Health and Safety Regulations.
To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Legislation.
To comply with the company’s policies on equal opportunities.
NB: This job description is a reflection of the current position and may change in emphasis or detail in the light of subsequent developments
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.