Due to continued growth an opportunity for a Fleet Manager has opened up to join a successful retail organisation to help deliver a best in class service for our fleet. This role will be to manage the engineering relationship between our workshop, sites, suppliers and sub-contractors from a technical perspective. Repairing/maintaining all makes and variants of commercial vehicles.
* To work within the region to identify performance improvements and to implement changes as required
* Identification and implementation of best operational practices with agreement of Senior Management
* To be the primary contact for engineering issues for sites and nominated suppliers where applicable.
* To carry out branch engineering audits and work with depot colleagues to develop corrective plans for underperforming areas.
* To ensure that the workshop facilities operates to agreed company operating and statutory maintenance requirements and standards.
* To attend customer meetings as and when required to ensure that the Engineering department service provisions exceed the customers’ expectations, and to resolve adverse engineering issues where they exist.
* To oversee the capture and identification product issues and ensure that these are escalated to the Operations Director.
* To provide in-service technical appraisal/investigation of vehicles and component failures as required.
* To carry out spot checks on vehicle maintenance quality.
* To ensure that robust engineering systems, procedures and processes are in place.
* To assist in new contract implementation plans as and when required.
* To undertake projects from time to time that fall under the general scope of the post holder’s responsibilities.
* Investigation and appraisal of new products/technologies available to the business which add value and support.
* To be responsible for Health & Safety and environmental issues in collaboration with other departments as required
* Responsible for the daily running of workshop and engineering facilities
Skills & Experience:
* Excellent knowledge of vehicle engineering with proven track record of working within the HGV environment
* Strong commercial awareness
* Have relevant qualifications (NVQ or City and Guilds or equivalent)
* Proven experience of budgetary cost management
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Proven experience to manage and influence operational KPI’s
* Flexible attitude
* Good standard of Computer literacy (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
* Conscientious and able to work to tight deadlines
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.