Interim Fleet Manager
Location: Based in Swindon, travel will be required
Salary Competitive + Allowance
As our Fleet Manager, we are looking for you to help us ensure a safe, compliant company fleet. Our large fleet consists of a variety of commercial vehicles (heavy & light), trailers and company cars all of which we need to tightly control, whilst maintaining a resilient operating model. This role requires you to be hands on, forward thinking and making sure our fleet resources are available to deliver our safety first and customer service requirements.
What you'll be doing
• Ensuring a safe, compliant, cost efficient provision and management of all Company Fleet
• Tightly control fleet costs within budget through life cycles and identify opportunities for cost reduction
• Ensure effective solutions are in place to achieve operational efficiencies
• Ensuring that day to day the fleet is managed appropriately, ensuring daily/ weekly/ monthly reporting is achieved on time
• Provide a resilient operating model to ensure that we meet our Customer and Distribution objectives
• Working closely with your Fleet Team & Stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach to all Fleet Administration and mixed service supplier management
• Good knowledge and experience in Commercial Vehicle Fleet Management within a multi-depot environment
• CPC Operator qualification. Vocational C+E Driving License desirable
• A logical approach to process and problem solving
• Good at implementing and developing solutions and new ideas
• Motivated with a desire to deliver consistent and high quality results
• A good team player who's willing to support others to ensure results are delivered
Connect Group PLC
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
-Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
-Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers
The UK's leading newspaper and magazine distributor, Smiths News currently has a 55 per cent share of the UK market and distributes 40 million newspapers and 14 million magazines each week. Smiths News enjoys a 200 year-old distribution heritage, and serves 35,000 customers from its 39 nationwide distribution centres, operating in the world's fastest moving supply chain.
Working on behalf of all major national and regional publishers, Smiths News distributes a diverse range of print media to general retailers and smaller independent newsagents.
As an innovative organisation with a large geographical footprint of distribution centres and a diverse range of services to existing and new business partners, the Company diversified into new markets in 2014 and launched Pass My Parcel - a parcel service for sending, collecting or returning parcels from as early as 7am, daily, 364 days a year. Pass My Parcel now enjoys a rapidly growing client base which includes Amazon, ASOS, FCUK and The Wine Society.
In 2014 the Company also launched its Jack's beans Coffee Company - a Fairtrade bean-to-cup self-serve coffee for consumers on the go
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.