Title: Garage and Transport Manager
Salary and benefits: Competitive Salary, 26 days annual leave, Two share plans, up to 7.5% matched pension, numerous retail discounts.
Introduction: Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
* Ensure that drivers hold the appropriate licence for the vehicle they are driving (including non-GB vocational drivers from EU member states who are required to register their driving licences with DVLA within 12 months of being resident)
* Ensure that vocational drivers hold a valid driver CPC qualification (DQC); 15
* Ensure that all drivers hours records and working time records are kept for a period of no less than 24 months and are made available upon request;
* Ensure compliance with the driving hours rules (EU or Domestic Hours rules).
* Where appropriate, to download and store data from the vehicle digital tachograph unit (at least every 90 days) and from the drivers’ tachograph smart cards (at least every 28 days).
* Ensure that records are retained for the purposes of the Working Time Directive (WTD) and that they are available to be produced during the relevant period.
* Ensure that drivers are completing and returning their driver defect reporting sheets and that defects are recorded correctly;
* Ensure that reported defects are either recorded in writing or in a format which is readily accessible and repaired promptly; 16
* Ensure that vehicles and trailers that are not roadworthy are taken out of service;
* To ensure that safety inspections and other statutory testing are carried out within the notified O-licence maintenance intervals (ISO weeks);
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* CPC transport manager
* Ideally have experience managing in a customer focused environment, either face to face or by telephone
* 5 years supervisory or management experience (preferable) including monitoring data and delivering KPI’s
* A team player who is self-motivated and able to motivate others to achieve objectives
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.