Job title: Head of Fleet Programmes - Rail
Job location: Midlands
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a high profile role and provide oversight and governance of project delivery, ensuring best practice across the variety of fleet projects and programmes.
The Head of Fleet Programmes will work closely with key stakeholders across the business and externally on projects to improve the railway, expand the fleet of trains, and drive forward overall performance.
Reporting into the Fleet Director this role will lead the Fleet Programmes team in the delivery of an array of projects across the Fleet team including those associated with the rolling stock, fleet delivery activities and depots. The role will involve identifying, implementing and delivering programmes and projects which improve the Fleet team’s performance, safety, people, environment, mandatory compliance, stakeholder engagement, rolling stock, facilities and financial performance.
The Head of Fleet Programmes will:-
• Be accountable for identifying and implementing a portfolio of programmes of work which develop and improve the Fleet, in terms of performance, safety, people, environment, mandatory compliance, stakeholder engagement, rolling stock, facilities and financial performance.
• Be accountable for the on-time delivery, cost control and quality of the fleet portfolio of programmes.
• Act as the company expert in the introduction of new or additional rolling stock to the fleet, and lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver them into service.
• Manage and implement projects which enhance the fleet performance, safety, reliability and costs.
• Be the key point of contact for external stakeholder projects which impact on the fleet team’s resources.
• Support the fleet team with creating the strategy for the development of the fleet teams, which delivers the company’s objectives for performance, safety and financial performance.
• Inspire and motivate the fleet programmes team to deliver the strategy and company targets, and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
• Lead and promote an outstanding safety culture within the Fleet Team, through continuous improvement of the Safety Management System, and safety performance.
• Identify and promote the continuous long term strategic planning of the fleet to enable overall business improvement.
• Build strong relationships with the Commercial function counterparts to ensure stakeholder schemes are represented from a fleet perspective.
• Make an active contribution to the leadership of the business, through engagement with the executive leadership team.
• Review the business cases for proposed modifications or improvements that have not been specifically budgeted on all projects allocated to fleet development.
Required Skills and Experience:
To be right for this role you should have significant experience of working in a senior management position within rail in a technical capacity, with a good understanding of rail vehicle design.
You should also have a track record of the ability to implement people change programmes as well as project management qualifications combined with experience of implementing big projects.
You should be qualified to degree level or equivalent within a relevant engineering or management area. You should be a great communicator in all formats with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Phone: (Apply online only)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.