Millers Vanguard is the UK’s Premier Sales, Service and Maintenance company within the foodservice industry. A ‘Family style’ run business with over 40 years’ experience in maintaining and repairing foodservice devices for many major supermarket and food and beverage chains.
A new vacancy has arisen within our Installations department for a fleet manager.
The suitable individual will be responsible for the day to day cost effective planning of the fleet of installation engineers, along with the skills to manage tachograph and working time directive monitoring. The chosen candidate will manage a team of installation engineers and route planners. The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate strong skills in people management, Fleet management, route planning, problem solving and prioritising skills with excellent computer and analytical skills. We are looking for a ‘hands on’, practical manager with experience of fleet management. The installations fleet manager will also be the business’s O Licence holder, as such previous O Licence ownership and experience in a transport management capacity is essential.
The Installations Fleet Managers principal accountabilities will be:
* Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, whilst developing good working relationships with the installations team.
* Utilise the Installations vehicles efficiently, to provide a cost-effective service to our customers.
* Manage Tacho- Graph Infringements to full compliance
* Overall responsibility of driver hours and WTD regulations
* Ensuring that daily vehicle checks are carried out by all Installation drivers
* Promote effective and efficient standards of work in order to comply with UK and EU laws and regulations and Health & Safety legislation
* Ensure all fleet assets are serviced and make sure they have MOT in line with requirements
* Review delivery vehicle locations on a regular basis each day using vehicle tracking system (Trimble).
* Overall responsibility to ensure that stock records & movements are kept up to date on our MI System and spreadsheets.
* Provide Monthly KPI driven performance reports
* Undertake any adhoc duties as necessary and instructed by your line manager.
* Ensure that Work Place Audits are completed for all 12 install engineers and drivers in accordance with ISO.
* Responsible for the ordering of new fleet vehicles (liaising with our purchasing department)
The suited candidate will possess:
* CPC Holder
* Experience and knowledge in Class 1 and Class 2 HGV
* Ability to prioritize work and process multiple tasks as required.
* Experience of route planning
* Experience of route planning/ Logistical software (Desirable)
* Ability to respond promptly to requests/instructions to meet business requirements.
* Sound knowledge of the EU driver’s hour’s regulations & working time directive
* Knowledge of computers/spreadsheets and databases
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Able to remain professional, calm and patient at all times
Should you feel you have the experience and attributes to be considered for this position please apply with your Covering Letter & CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.