Logistics Fleet Manager
Salary: £48k - £50k
Type: Full time permanent
Location: Darlington – North East
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large global organisation in a Logistics Fleet Manager role. You will lead the operations team managing a fleet of upto 60 vehicles ensuring customer service - optimisation, costs & delivery times are all met. You will have responsibility for drivers, fleet management, health & safety + compliance ensuring all KPI’s are achieved.
Key Areas: -
* CPC qualification
* Leadership, People & fleet Management
* Compliance, health & safety, incident / accident investigations
The key responsibilities:-
* Driver Management - effective performance management, coach & support
* Hold disciplinary and grievance hearings in line with company policies.
* Manage MPG performance and driving efficiency records, implement improvement actions where required.
* Responsibility for your fleet WTD & Tachograph Infringements.
* Manage heath & safety investigations
* Monitor and review fleet ensuring vehicle maintenance is planned effectively
* Customer – develop and maintain productive relationships with regional customer sites and representatives. Ensure relevant KPI’s are prepared and targets for performance reviews are met.
* Customer Service – Responsible for the delivery of a high standard of Customer Service against agreed targets.
* Financial – Responsible for ensuring agreed targets are met within the P&L (overall revenue, logistics earnings / costings, client & team management
* Sales maximisation – Responsible for continual sales maximisation by means of regular contact with all customers.
* Team management – Drivers
* Leadership & Management - Responsible for all aspects of L&M. Performance Management, coaching, mentoring, engagement, development & communication.
* Manage internal and external customer service against a standard set of KPIs & budgets
* Adherence to all maintenance related activity working closely with the operations team to achieve full compliance
* Previous experience of working within a supply chain logistics environment
* Previous experience of FMCG multi customer operations
* Good analytical and numerical skills
* Good knowledge of Microsoft / Excel applications
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.