Acorn is looking for a Logistics Manager to strengthen our clients team.
We offer you a fantastic job in a dynamic company in which you can develop further personally and professionally.
* Hand's on coaching and mentoring of all team members. Lead team to maximise effectiveness of the operation. Goal setting and assessment to drive improvement.
* Develop strong relationships with key customers, suppliers and all purchase colleagues from within the European group.
* Work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, whilst promoting the requirements of ISO14001. Take control of all site waste with a goal to achieve zero landfill.
* Day to day activities run whilst adhering to guidelines of TS16949.
* Achieve KPI’s of 100% on time in full delivery performance, freight budgets, inventory reduction, accuracy and value. Generate and control budgets for respective spends.
* Control of pre-production material orders and change management planning to ensure timing is achieved and stock obsolescence is avoided.
* Responsibility for maintaining accuracy in a timely manner of all software applications relevant to the role e.g. ERP and MRP systems.
* As part of the site management team actively participate in all activities to drive the site forward. Particularly in relation to production planning.
* Lead cost reduction initiatives relating material, logistics and planning process.
* Minimum of 3 years automotive experience at Managerial or Supervisory level.
* Proven track record of achievement in all aspects of Logistics, MRP systems, planning tools, stock accuracy and transportation.
* Experience of TS16949 and ISO 14001.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Experience of dealing with both customers and suppliers.
* Good understanding of Lean principles.
* Participative, proactive style.
* A track record of developing and up-skilling teams.
* Sound knowledge of Environmental control and requirements.
* Computer literate.
Acorn is looking for outgoing, reliable candidates, whose work methods are characterised by accuracy, flexibility and resilience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.