Logistics Manager / Transport Manager / Despatch Manager
£35 - £40K
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Manager to join a specialist organisation, working from their modern facility you will have the opportunity to work autonomously and drive the business forward through making key decisions.
This is a company who play a major role in delivering solutions that anticipate and solve customer needs, thereby fostering their professional success. In turn this organisation has pushed themselves to the forefront of their industry.
With a proven track record within a fast paced FMCG environment you will report directly to the Site Manager and be responsible for the management and performance of the whole process from coordinating the flow of goods from their professional vendors, to their distribution centres utilising the most effective and efficient means of transport while providing visibility and insight to the site manager, whilst exceeding set KPIs. A forward thinking individual it will be necessary to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Self-motivation and operate with a strong sense of urgency
* analytical skills; ability to solve complex problems required
* Be organised; must possess excellent follow up skills
* A team player who works well with cross functional teams
You Also Have:
* 3 to 5 years of logistics or transportation experience
* DBS (required)
* Microsoft office Suite including Excel skills
* Transportation System Experience required
* International logistics experience is preferred (but not essential)
* Ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities as needed
* Ability to coach, influence, and manager others
As the Logistics Manager, you will:
* Provide support to external vendors with regards to the movement of inbound merchandise
* Resolve exceptions with internal and external sources to ensure proper flow and receipt of merchandise
* Provide visibility to internal stakeholders to the status of purchase order receipts and overall flow of merchandise
* Partnership with Transportation & Supply Chain Management on Key initiatives
* Identify service and cost improvements within supply chain and bring forward recommendations for improvement
Ideally you will be an existing Logistics / Transport Manager within an FMCG environment or an ambitious and driven Transport Front Line Manager looking to take your next step within an expanding organisation.. If you feel you meet this criteria and are seeking to advance your career with a major FMCG manufacture then please apply
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.