Logistics Manager required to join a leading, Global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer.
As Logistics Manager, managing circa 35 people you will be responsible for ensuring the plant meets its manufacturing and customer production plans by planning and scheduling production and via its suppliers, procurement of all required materials.
In addition, you will maintain and update the control of modifications and new product Bill of material, including the planning, management and execution of customer and product samples.
The position has responsibility of onsite storage, material movement and distribution warehouse, the maintenance and updating of accurate materials status so as to ensure informed decision making regarding inventory management strategies. Finally, the responsibility for budgetary management, design and management of supplier and customer packaging to ensure product availability and integrity is maintained.
* Supervision of 5 direct reports and circa 30 in-directs providing direction and strong leadership. Responsible for their motivation, training, personal development, setting of objectives and reporting
* Co-ordination of department activities / allocate resource & prioritise workload to ensure customer requirements are met by accurate planning of manufacturing facilities, procurement and availability of supplied parts whilst maintaining and improving inventory and key supply chain management targets.
* Ensure regular reviews to identify sales, supply and inventory performance via key measures of performance and identify action plans to recover any non conformance.
* Attend supplier and customer meetings to review of implement improvement plans
* Develop and implement strategies and plans / opportunities for the removal of excess goods and materials to meet financial targets
* Regular reviews of production outputs against targets, capacity planning to ensure customer and production plans are communicated and assessed.
Interface with customers as and when required to establish changes to plans and assess the impact to the business and related targets
* Regular planned meetings with suppliers to review improvement opportunities in improving logistics whilst reducing inventories and costs
Identify packaging solutions to meet customer, supplier and company needs to ensure product quality and integrity whilst ensuring all budgetary and environmental requirements are met
* Identify supplier and customer logistics protocols, inventory management, communication processes and packaging are in place and meet timing and budgetary requirements
* Ensure adequate IT systems are available for procurement, material and production planning purposes so that material storage and movements together with inventory data are accurate
* Develop, manage and execute Lean logistics processes within both the internal and external supply chains eg Kanban, pull supply processes, SAP/MRP systems for planning and supplier scheduling.
* Contribute to all NPI activities and ensure transport, packaging and supply chain processes are in place to meet project cost and timing requirements eg manage ramp-ups, negotiate with customers / suppliers, handle bottlenecks/concerns, prototype supplies.
* Minimum of HNC/HND Standard or equivalent in Transport / Supply / Logistics
* Ideally Six Sigma Black / Green Belt accredited
* Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics preferred
* Several years experience in logistics management combined with a practical knowledge of logistics systems
* Knowledge of electronic systems and their application would be an advantage
* Experience in project management and leadership
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.