£52,540 - £76,495
Our client is an internationally recognised retailer looking for a Logistics Manager responsible for continuous improvement in their inbound supply chain.
The Logistics Manager will play a vital role within the Corporate Buying Department and will be responsible for managing an internal team ensuring constructive working relationships with the logistics service providers.
This is a fast paced, dynamic and challenging role which is ever evolving. You need to be ambitious, driven and trustworthy and looking for a long-term career move.
To apply for this role, you must be educated to degree level 2:1 minimum and possess proven experience in Man-Management.
Responsibilities for a Logistics Manager:
* Manage, develop and train their Logistics Assistants
* Identifies cost saving opportunities and develops operational plans for implementation
* Identifies backhaul and freight diversion opportunities considering the net case/unit costs and carrier rates and ensures all related information is up to date
* Obtains and verifies transport rates from logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes
* Monitor logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
* Develop and maintain a register of domestic and international freight rates
* Supervise use of route optimisation/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met
* Coordinate with internal/external route optimisation application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required
Essential experience of a Logistics Manager:
* Educated to degree level 2:1 minimum
* Proven experience in man-management
* Ideally a minimum 2 years management experience in retail or FMCG
* Supply chain or logistics background
* Familiar with project management and continuous improvement techniques
The successful Logistics Manager can expect:
* Salary between £52,540 - £76,495 DOE
* 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays.
* Company pension
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance after 2 years
If you feel you have experience in the following please apply; Logistics Manager, Operations Manager, Distribution Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Management.
Please note: Due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.