up to £35,000 depending on experience + Company Benefits
Near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Working for our well established client in the construction industry, this is a great opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager to apply their skills and knowledge to a highly successful and expanding company.
Responsible for a team of 8, your role will be to manage the Logistics operation on a day to day basis scheduling all inbound/outbound deliveries, providing leadership and striving to keep transportation costs low. You will also be responsible for stock management (materials and plant equipment) and inventory.
Further duties of the Logistics Manager include:
* Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers
* Improving and developing business performance
* Maintaining health & safety procedures
* Planning and managing projects
* Continuous improvement
Key skills and experience required for the Logistics Manager include:
* Previous experience as a Logistics Manager within a fast paced working environment
* Previous experience working in a logistics/distribution environment
* Strong management and leadership skills, can do attitude
* Ability to solve problems and make decisions, offer solutions
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with colleagues, customers, suppliers etc
* Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines & prioritise
* Previous experience of using logistics/stock systems as well as good knowledge of MS Office
* Analytical skills
* Negotiation skills
* Experience of creating and implementing new systems and procedures to a workplace
* Driving licence (CAT C preferable, not essential)
Please forward your CV along with a covering letter highlighting why you feel you are suitable for the role. Note, if you have not had a response to your application within 5 working days, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
We look forward to hearing from you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.