The construction logistics manager is responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
Key interfaces that the logistics manager must ensure early engagement with are: the project planner; the commercial managers procuring the works and the senior construction manager on the site. The construction logistics manager should ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
The construction logistic manager’s role can be described under the following headings:
Desirable skills and competencies
* A track record of delivery within a construction management or logistics function (over the past 3 years) that has led to performance improvement e.g. cost reduction, process/service enhancements, innovation, winning work etc.
* Excellent communication skills that build empathy and support, engage with individuals at all levels, influence, promote.
* Intellectual capacity to deal with complex logistics issues, and to implement logistics and supply chain vision, strategy and priorities. A driver of performance improvement.
* IT skills (eg Powerpoint, Visio, Word, Excel)
* Manage suppliers: scaffolding, temporary electrics, plumbing, welfare and office accommodation.
* Professional/lead by example.
* Passion/can do attitude/constructive challenge.
* To hold a proven track record of integrity and ethical behaviours.
* Open to change/new ideas.
* Share information.
* Customer focused.
* SMSTS / SSSTS
* Current full UK driving licence
* Recognised safety programme, qualified and up to date
* First Aid
* Lifting Supervisor Certification
* A suitable qualification in traffic management
* Institutional membership
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at (url removed)/non-discrimination-policy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.