A leading automotive manufacturing firm is currently seeking a Logistics Manager located in Dudley. As Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the Management of the day-to-day operational activities of the Logistics Department
In return you will receive a competitive salary of £50,000 to £55,000 per annum, plus pension scheme.
As a Logistics Manager, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
* Leadership of the Stores Function, Logistics and Customer Analysts
* Development of team members within your Department in line with business needs
* Liaise with all departments in order to achieve Supply Chain and business goals
* Ongoing review of staffing levels, job roles, and responsibilities
* Leadership of Inventory management
* Ensure production intervals are in line with supplier scheduling parameters
* Stock accuracy; Stores system and compliance to booking procedures, FIFO
* Monitoring of KPI’s for SC related measures
* Leadership of improvement plans in order to improve business performance
* Target setting for direct reports
* Identify packaging, storage and product flow improvements as well as frequency of delivery from suppliers
* Costs; Stock value/Stock turns, transport costs, premium transport costs and arrears value
To be successful as a Logistics Manager you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Excellent IT skills and general knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Must have experience of working in materials/purchasing department
* Required: will have previous experience of working with an Automotive Supplier or OEM
* Preferred: 1-3 years’ experience in similar role
* Warehouse management systems and logistics planning
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Meticulous, detailed, accurate and thorough
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to be fair and level headed
* Ability to work on own initiative providing effective solutions
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Logical & methodical approach to workload essential
* Proven Leadership and man-management skills
This position is based in Dudley, and is easily accessible for West Bromwich, Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Logistics Manager please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.