Location: Ammanford, Carmarthenshire
Salary: £45k (plus bonus)
Hours: Full time (Private Health Care, Pension Scheme).
Our prestigious Tier 2 Automotive client based on the outskirts of
Swansea urgently require an experienced, Logistics Manager to work
within their modern hi-tech manufacturing department.
This is a fantastic long-term career opening giving the rare
opportunity to join an internationally renowned company benefitting
from a period of sustained growth.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, with reporting links to the
European Logistics Manager, you will manage day to day supply chain
activities within an automotive manufacturing facility. You will lead
a team of approximately 7 personal who control procurement, planning,
stock control, customer services and all forms of transportation. As a
member of the site senior management team you’ll be expected take
responsibility for all relevant KPI’s, budgets and contribute to the
safe and effective running of the site.
* Hands’ on coaching and mentoring of all team members. Lead team to
maximise effectiveness of the operation. Goal setting and
assessment to drive improvement.
* Develop strong relationships with key customers, suppliers and all
purchase colleagues from within the European group.
* Work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, whilst
promoting the requirements of ISO14001. Take control of all site
waste with a goal to achieve ‘zero landfill
* Day to day activities run whilst adhering to guidelines of
* Achieve KPI’s of 100% ‘on time in full’ delivery performance,
freight budgets, inventory reduction, accuracy and value. Generate
and control budgets for respective spends.
* Control of pre-production material orders and change management
planning to ensure timing is achieved and stock obsolescence is
* Responsibility for maintaining accuracy in a timely manner of all
software applications relevant to the role e.g. ERP and MRP
* As part of the site management team actively participate in all
activities to drive the site forward. Particularly in relation to
* Drive Lean Manufacturing techniques, specific knowledge in Kan Ban
systems would be an advantage
* Lead cost reduction initiatives relating material, logistics and
* Minimum of 3 years Automotive experience at Managerial or
* Proven track record of achievement in all aspects of Logistics,
MRP systems, planning tools, stock accuracy and transportation.
* Experience of TS16949 and ISO14001
* Strong negotiation skills
* Experience of dealing with both customers and suppliers
* Good understanding of Lean principles
* Participative proactive style
* A track record of developing and up skilling teams.
* Sound knowledge of Environmental controls and requirements.
* Computer literate
10% Performance related annual bonus. Employee pension scheme
For a detailed job description or for more information please call and
speak to a member of our experienced team or to apply send your CV to
All calls will be handled in strictest confidence and all applications
will be progressed promptly
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.