Logistics Manager required for a shot blasting facility in the West Midlands; you must be able to start on 3rd August 2020.
This is a new role in a new shot blasting facility, reporting to the Branch Manager, responsible for the Planning and Logistics for this facility.
As Logistics Manager you will be responsible for managing FLT Operators, Materials Runner and Store management, within a production/self-assembled facility providing operational leadership.
* To create a daily production plan that outlines the order in which units will be worked upon.
* Own the planning process and ensure that the plan is communicated to all internal customers (Central functions, Production, Material stores, 360, Plant & Equipment)
* Ownership and management of materials ordering and delivery process to optimise Working Capital and labour requirement
* To prepare a weekly/monthly look ahead production plan that outlines labour and materials requirements for the upcoming weeks.
* Arrange sub-contractor and agency staff as required. This includes summarizing the skills required, duration, obtaining Management authorisation and liaison with local labour suppliers.
* Own the safe, timely and efficient movement of units, materials, 360, plant & equipment to deliver plan
* Own the safety and compliance of all plant & equipment on the site
* To ensure material supply meets production requirements with optimum stock levels and working capital
* To ensure 360 supply meets demand with optimum stock levels,
* Employ process improvement techniques to continuously improve the logistics operation
* Ensure that the data in IT system is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
* Coordinate with Transport and Support Services planning teams to ensure balanced flow of traffic through the site
Please contact Craig Nicholls on (phone number removed) and ensure your updated CV is attached to your application. Full job description can be provided
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.